Thursday, February 18, 2010

Vote for Your Favourite E-Session Idea!

It has been a busy start to the season and I am looking forward to sharing with you some more fantastic blog posts form recent weddings as well as some stuff from past trips that I have not yet got around to posting...over all a whole lot of goodness!

Thank you to everyone who participated and posted their fantastic ideas, you made my job very difficult in choosing the top five. Here is the selection of my favourite engagement shoot ideas...they are creative, unique and things I have not shot before...
Without further ado - VOTING time is here! So take a look at the top five entries and vote below [each IP address is only allowed one vote] Share the contest with friends + family. The poll will close on the morning of March 8 2010 and the idea with the most votes will win their engagement shoot for free! The images from the shoot will be featured on the blog.

Blueprint for Love – 'My fiancĂ© is a plumber who works as a foreman on construction sites. It would be fun to do a shoot on a construction site. Especially with me in a suit and him in his work clothes...I'd probably bring some props along that work to my personal interests, like wine tasting, and geeky stuff like my laptop and iPhone, cause you can't get them away from me. It would be fun to play off our differences in the shoot.'

Winnebago Adventure – 'I think the perfect engagement session for us would reflect the trip we got engaged on. We bought an old 1973 Winnebago, fixed it up, and then drove to Newfoundland in it. We broke down at least once every day and it was the ultimate test of a relationship!!! The Winnebago has SO much character and would be the best back drop for an engagement shoot. It's just like us: Quirky, fun, refuses to give up, sometimes has a bad day but always pulls through it!'

On The Right Track – 'I think doing the pictures in one of the accessible rail yards for example near the Wallace Street footbridge in the South Junction area of Toronto or near the Scarlett Road rail yard where there is a nice bridge over the Humber near Scarlett and Dundas.'

Island Fever – 'We would absolutely love to have our engagement photos taken on the Toronto Islands! We would take the ferry across, and rent bicycles to ride down the boardwalk, rent a boat together, go into the jumbo maze, walk down to the light house, have a picnic together and head back on the ferry as the sun is setting on gorgeous downtown Toronto. We love to have fun and we are both very easy going and love to laugh. This photo shoot would be so wonderful for us to have and to look back on 50 years later, cherishing the memories we created.'

Upside Down – 'I thought an engagement shoot featuring the theme of "You turned my world upside down" would be pretty special. I picture a playground as the location, and lots of upside-down photos -- hanging from monkey bars, doing handstands, etc. Sometimes both members of the couple are upside down, sometimes just one (a la Spiderman!). But the shoot would not only speak to the theme, but be lighthearted and show how much fun the couple has together.'

Become an Avenue Photo FAN!

P.S. Please don't cheat [by trying to vote multiple times] this is supposed to be a fun contest...so let's honour the honour system...please...and thank you. :o)






[to view the contest entries, take a look at the comments on the original contest posting]

6 comments:

CC :D February 19, 2010 at 11:08 p.m.  

hi there - i'm trying to vote, but it's saying that i already voted for this poll, and i fully didn't (scout's honour). i want to vote for island fever! those sound like great photos and i can't wait to see them! :)

Lisa February 22, 2010 at 7:38 a.m.  

Hello - when I pressed the vote button, a message popped up and said that I'd voted already when I hadn't! Please fix this - it's unfair!!!

Anonymous February 22, 2010 at 10:44 a.m.  

Ack! I can't vote!

It keeps saying that I already voted - but I didn't!

Elisa

Anonymous February 22, 2010 at 10:50 a.m.  

I can't vote! And now my previous comment is gone! Ack!

Elisa

Anonymous March 6, 2010 at 1:15 p.m.  

The upside down concept sounds so amazing! Best of luck with your marriage, hope you win this poll!

Avenue-Photo March 9, 2010 at 11:42 a.m.  

Yes it is completely fair game to get people to vote for you...

I'm sorry for all of the trouble with voting, it is an issue with IP addresses as well as fire wall settings. Thank you so much for your patience.

Become a Fan!

About Avenue

My name is Margaret Diotalevi, I'm a photographer + graphic designer.

With images, I tell stories.

My work is fresh + modern with a touch of flare! I offer photography + design services for all of your lifestyle needs, anything and everything, from the 'will you' to the 'i do', from bellies to babies and everything in between!

Hopefully you like what you see, and if you do maybe we can work something out.

Please feel free to contact me to learn more about the services I offer + to view a larger collection of my work.

See you soon!

www.avenue-photo.com
info@avenue-photo.com
+1 416 580 9379